Launch problems after reinstall

Ask questions about the use of Cross Stitch Professional for Windows including Machine Cross Stitch.
Forum rules
No links to competing software producs, illegal material, serial numbers or offensive material.

Launch problems after reinstall

Postby EliteDesigns » Wed May 06, 2020 5:37 am

Hi
So I tried to install Platinum Plus on a new PC using the latest full download and upgrades. It's been a while since I last did a full install.
The program launches but then closes straight away before I can do anything. I didn't seem to be able to enter our serial number at the install as it was rejected, not sure if that has anything to do with it?
Win 10

Thanks
Terry
EliteDesigns

Re: Launch problems after reinstall

Postby DPSoftware » Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:36 am

For anyone else reading, if the program closes immediately on starting, it is almost always going to be because it is unlicensed. The code must be entered correctly at the end of a full installation unless the license is still present from a previous install.

If a key code is not accepted, check you are not using a version earlier than the key code was intended for. This might happen if you have multiple licenses and you are using an original CD with a new license. If you have registered and still have update access, go to the update website and download the latest full version install which will always accept the latest key codes.
Dave Peters
DP Software
www.dpsoftware.com
DPSoftware
Site Admin

Return to Technical Support (Windows)