different thickness backstitch

Ask questions about the use of Cross Stitch Professional for Windows including Machine Cross Stitch.
Forum rules
No links to competing software producs, illegal material, serial numbers or offensive material.

different thickness backstitch

Postby Annako » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:17 am

Hello! In the pattern, I use a different thickness of the backstitch. I use 1 thread, and 2, and 3.

When printing a template, I see all the backstitch on the heap and 1 thread is written. How to fix it to have different tables for different thickness backstitch?
Attachments
2020-04-14_1115.png
2020-04-14_1115.png (37.78 KiB) Viewed 3831 times
Annako

Re: different thickness backstitch

Postby DPSoftware » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:33 am

In the print or export dialog, go to the Key tab and next to the "edit template" button there is a file open button. Click this and choose the file "strands.rtf". You will now have a separate table column for the number of strands.

On older versions, you may not have the file open button. In this case, choose "Edit template". Now in the text editor, click the file open button, select the strands.rtf file and click the OK button at the bottom of the editor.

You can also learn how to modify the template to your own layout. Look in the manual for a list of tokens that are used in the template file. You can find the manual by selecting "index" from the "Help" menu.
Dave Peters
DP Software
www.dpsoftware.com
DPSoftware
Site Admin

Postby Annako » Mon May 04, 2020 9:04 pm

Excuse me. I could not find where to fix the number of threads for the back. Can you show pictures?
Annako

Postby DPSoftware » Tue May 05, 2020 8:39 am

On the main design screen, right mouse click on the colour and choose "set strands" from the menu.
You will see settings for cross stitch and backstitch.
A setting of 0 means the program default that has been set from the canvas menu (count of fabric command)
If you set a different number then that is the number of strands used just for that colour.

When you set a colour to have a different number of strands, the numbers will show on the palette patch.

To get the key to show the number of strands, you must use the strands.rtf template as shown earlier in this thread or create your own template.
Dave Peters
DP Software
www.dpsoftware.com
DPSoftware
Site Admin

Postby Annako » Tue May 05, 2020 7:15 pm

Success! Thank!
Annako

Return to Technical Support (Windows)