Mac OS X High Sierra

News of new versions, products, holiday dates and website technical problems will be posted here. Subscribe to the forum if you want to receive these notices by email. You cannot post in this forum.

Mac OS X High Sierra

Postby DPSoftware » Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:04 pm

My current recommendation is that if you have an SSD drive in your Mac then do NOT update to High Sierra. This is because the drive will be automatically updated to a new file system that seems to cause major problems with a lot of software including Cross Stitch Professional. By major problem I mean you can't run the applications at all !

This has been tested with a program just containing a blank form and that gives the same problem. So anyone using the same brand of compiler to build their software applications is probably going to have the same problem. Updating to the latest version did not help so this has been referred to the compiler manufacturer.

As soon as a solution is available, I will post it.

If you have a conventional hard drive or a hybrid drive then OS X High Sierra installation keeps the original file system and Cross Stitch Professional still works.
Dave Peters
DP Software
www.dpsoftware.com
DPSoftware
Site Admin

Re: Mac OS X High Sierra - Update

Postby DPSoftware » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:48 pm

It doesn't seem to be a general problem. I updated to an SSD drive with High Sierra and have no problems with the new APFS file system and the cross stitch software. Also have several people at the compiler manufacturers test out xspro and no problem on any of their machines. Test machines included old and new Macs, with and without touchbar and virtual machines.

Woud be interested to hear of anyone else with a problem - so far just one with the demo version and that machine will not run a blank window application either. You can email or post in the Mac technical support forum.
Dave Peters
DP Software
www.dpsoftware.com
DPSoftware
Site Admin

Return to Announcements