Apple?

Anything not covered by other forums
Forum rules
No links to competing software producs, illegal material, serial numbers or ofensive material.

Apple?

Postby ESTELLA » Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:53 pm

Hi

ı wondered if there was any projected date for the Apple version yet?

thanks
ESTELLA

Re: Apple?

Postby DPSoftware » Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:01 am

I am hoping to get a beta test version for testing out by 5 October. Printing the key sheet is the only major task that needs completion before this can happen and most of the program is already working. Since the features are mostly the same as the Windows version, it will be possible to use the manual/help from the Windows version during this time although not all features will be available in the initial MAC version. I don't have a release date for the final version as it depends on the reports we get during the test but I would hope the final software version would be available about mid November with the product on sale with updated documentation by about mid December. Video help will probably be a later addition. Following official release of the first version, there will be regular updates adding new features.
Dave Peters
DP Software
www.dpsoftware.com
DPSoftware
Site Admin

Postby ESTELLA » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:30 pm

Thanks Dave,

My laptop (HP) is getting to its sell by date and is beyond it's 2 year life expectancy, which, of course ı think is indefensible considering the cost. A Toshiba ı had lasted me for 6 years, travelled round the globe, and was used for running my business on: quality. Hence, and due to the introduction of windows 7, ı have decided to opt for Apple when it dies. Looking forward to November.

Regards

Estella
ESTELLA

Postby woolymammoth » Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:47 pm

Yes! I have been eyeing an Apple Macbook AIr for my next computer, but the one program I need that has not been available is XS Pro. Now there will be no impediment to switching to a Mac.
woolymammoth
woolymammoth

Postby DPSoftware » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:24 pm

I am not going to make that date as its not quite finished and I will be in the USA for a couple of weeks from Sunday. I don't think I will have enough time before I leave. Moving all the stocks of mosaics to their new home took longer than I anticipated so I couldn't work full time on the software.

I have been using a Macbook pro for about 3 years now. I run both OSX and Windows so I can use the programs that don't have a MAC version. So far its proved very reliable and I like the ability to obtain a power supply from almost any Apple shop if you forget it while travelling. It would be even better if I could run just MAC OSX and no Windows.
Dave Peters
DP Software
www.dpsoftware.com
DPSoftware
Site Admin

Return to Anything else