Latch Hook Rug Charts with Platinum Plus

Anything not covered by other forums
Forum rules
No links to competing software producs, illegal material, serial numbers or ofensive material.

Latch Hook Rug Charts with Platinum Plus

Postby py52nz » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:58 am

Hi

We recently had a request to convert an image to a Latch Hook Rug chart. Is Platinum Plus OK for converting photographs to Latch Hook Rug Wool format or is it best suited to images with few colours? The image we converted was only 8 colours and looked very good

We did the conversion at 14 count using the English Rug Wool selection but I'm not still not sure if we used the right format although the customer was very pleased with the chart that I produced.

The current Platinum choices are English Rug Wool, Readicut Rug, Tapimatic Rug, Turkey Rug and Rosarios 4 Rug Wool. I presume these are all brand names like DMC, Anchor, Madeira etc. I guess it also depends on what rug wools are most commonly used and available here in New Zealand.

I made an enquiry to one shop and the rug wool they stock is Semco which I believe is a replacement for Turkey rug wool. It is manufactured here in N.Z, so may not be compatible with your program. Please advise.

Thanks

Kevin
KC Cross Stitch
py52nz

Re: Latch Hook Rug Charts with Platinum Plus

Postby DPSoftware » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:50 pm

Yes the Platinum Plus is fine for rugs. Most rug canvases are much less than 14 count so watch the size of the stitched design.

I can add any new colour range if you send a sample of each colour to our UK address. The ranges currently in the program are those that have been sent in by customers or wool manufacturers and may not all be available.

I will be available to work on this from 28 July.
Dave Peters
DP Software
www.dpsoftware.com
DPSoftware
Site Admin

Postby py52nz » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:23 am

Thanks Dave

I will leave this just for the moment as I am busy having a new web site designed. I also need to do some research on latch hook rug making. It seems like this is very popular here so I am going to buy the gear and learn to make one myself. There are rug wools and also tapestry wools manufactured here in New Zealand, so I will contact the manufacturers and see what I can find. I'm sure they would be quite happy to add their range to the software.

It also seems that 14 count was the wrong count but I was only doing what the customer asked. From the research I have done on the web it seems like latch hoog rugs are more like about 3.50 or 3.75 hpi (holes per inch).

Cheers

Kevin
KC Cross Stitch
Wellington
New Zealand
py52nz

Postby janjenny83 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:04 pm

Yes, the latch hook rugs commonly have a 3.50 or 3.75 holes per inch. So it may be the same as with the Platinum Plus. You just need to verify some basic information to the dealer to make it sure. Actually, Latch Hook Rugs are beautiful, hand made rugs that often include canvas, yarn, and whatever pattern that you can decide on.
janjenny83

Postby Jeniffer » Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:14 am

Platinum plus is good for Rugs.
Jeniffer

Postby christa » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:03 pm

would someone please tell me how I can purchase tis software, as I do latch hooking and I need software which allows me large patterns, 10 foot by 5 foot and more, anyone here who is able and willing to help me in this matter? Thank you, Christa
christa

Return to Anything else