Talk about anything connected with cross stitch
Forum rules
No links to competing software producs, illegal material, serial numbers or offensive material.

Postby Stitcher » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:30 pm

Hullo all,

I'm new to stitching, but just thought I'd introduce myself. Hope to find lots of advice, tips and chat here!
Stitcher

Re: Newbie

Postby Stitcher » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:31 pm

Hello all,

I'd like to try miniature embroidery on my software. However, the ANCHOR colour range doesn't match the Anchor stranded cotton range I'd like to use. I've mailed DPS about this and I got a reply that said they are the same, but I've checked and the ANCHOR stranded cotton threads I want to use have different names and lighter colours than shown in the colour palette. I mailed them again, but not had a reply.

Can anyone help please?
Stitcher

Postby DPSoftware » Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:20 pm

There are no official names for the colours so you need to go by the colour numbers not the names. If the numbers do not match, post a few numbers of the range you want to use so I can try to find which one it is. The programs range called "Anchor" is the stranded cotton range. The "Anchor Tapestry" range is the wool range.

For colour matching, go to the settings menu and select the monitor callibration screen. Here you should set the monitor brightness so you can see all the colour bars.
Dave Peters
DP Software
www.dpsoftware.com
DPSoftware
Site Admin

Postby je_dryst03 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:10 am

Greetings........... ;)
je_dryst03

Postby Lynne » Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:27 pm

Hi Newbie.

I'm a newbie today, and I only make miniatures now. I'm make small needlepoint using 2003 version, hoping to up date one day.

Lynne
Lynne

Postby kiaralynn » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:17 am

i am a newbie too hope we would really learn a lot from here!! yaw so excited to ask things haha :mrgreen:
kiaralynn

Postby scrappinkim » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:01 am

Hello Everyone
I have had the program for a year now but still don't know how to use all the features. I downloaded the videos but they don't work. One question what works better to work with pictures the actual photo or a digital down loaded picture?
scrappinkim

Postby DPSoftware » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:33 am

The videos are designed to be played from the video buttons within the program. If you want to play them directly through a media player then you can download a free codec to allow this:

https://www.techsmith.com/download.html
Its the "TSCC Codec" that you want.

Not all buttons within the program have a video - they have been added to allow new videos to be released in the future.

For complete instructions see "Index" from the Help menu of the program which displays the full manual.
Dave Peters
DP Software
www.dpsoftware.com
DPSoftware
Site Admin

Return to Cross Stitch Chat