special stitch ?

Talk about anything connected with cross stitch
Forum rules
No links to competing software producs, illegal material, serial numbers or offensive material.

special stitch ?

Postby jambo1uk » Fri May 01, 2015 10:40 am

Hi here is what I need to do on the Aida where you have 4 holes and would use these to go through is there a way to make a stitch so you could go between the holes (like the red on attached image) and if there is how do I do this please thanks in advance jamie
Attachments
2015-05-01_10.29.55.jpg
Red is what I need not like the black
2015-05-01_10.29.55.jpg (45.13 KiB) Viewed 3540 times
jambo1uk

Re: special stitch ?

Postby DPSoftware » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:30 am

The backstitch line tool with the 1/2 symbol over it will allow you to go between the holes. Watch the red dot during placement which tells you exactly where the stitch will go - move to start, click and hold down left mouse button, move to end, release.

There is also a backstitch draw tool that allows you to draw continuous backstitches whilst the mouse button is held down and there is a 1/2 position version of this too.

You can also use the stitch editor to create a special stitch of any size and shape - settings menu, stitch editor. On this you have both standard lines, 1/2 position lines and a very high resolution line. You can design just the screen image and have that used for the printed pattern and button image as well, or you can design a separate drawing to use on the chart prints. You can also assign a different image to use as a toolbar button. It is also possible to design stitches that have 2 colours. When you select one of these, the colour patch above the palette splits into 2 parts so you can choose both colours.

The default position for custom designed stitches is at the right hand side of the screen. The custom stitches can be displayed/hidden using the "custom stitches" icon on the main toolbar - looks like a crane lifting a cross stitch.

Note for other users: these tools are on the Plus and Publisher versions only.
Dave Peters
DP Software
www.dpsoftware.com
DPSoftware
Site Admin

Postby DonnieRab » Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:49 pm

Hi Dave, is this possible for more than two colors as well?
DonnieRab

Postby DPSoftware » Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:23 pm

Sorry, I don't know why this post only just showed up for approval. I may have missed it because it is in chat rather than support.

Stitches can only be one or two colours because you have to be able to select the primary and secondry colour from the palette at the time you use them. Having too many colours to set for your current drawing tool would be confusing.

You can however use motifs to create stitches with pre-defined colours. Just draw in backstitch, select the area around the stitch and choose "save area as motif" from the motif menu. You can then load into any design using "Load motif" or the motif browser.

Changing colours of individual backstitches could be done after adding them to the design using the backstitch colour change tool.
Dave Peters
DP Software
www.dpsoftware.com
DPSoftware
Site Admin

Return to Cross Stitch Chat