Searching by name

Suggestions that have been implemented and are available in the latest update will be moved here. This makes it easier to see what is remaining. To request further changes, please start a new post in the suggestions forum.

Searching by name

Postby yatgirl » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:21 pm

I would like to suggest adding the capability of being able to search by floss name instead of just number with the 'find' feature. This would really help when trying to find a lighter or darker version of the same color. Unless of course there is a simple way of doing this, and I have just missed it.
yatgirl

Re: Searching by name

Postby ovisergiu » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:05 am

I am sure Dave will reply but meanwhile you should know that DMC (for e.g.) does not have official color names (as Dave replied recently to one of my posts here).
You could search for the name and then in another design you can see that the color you used is listed with other name. This could be pretty confusing in some cases.

I guess what you really need would be a shade card with real thread or a scanned version of that.
Try and find that on the Internet (Pinterest) and it might help you a lot because whenever I am looking for a darker version or a lighter version my shade card with real thread in it is the first thing I grab.
ovisergiu

Postby yatgirl » Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:41 am

Thanks I will look into that. I realize the names are different, but if they could be searched by a search term, I will know the term I am looking for.
yatgirl

Postby DPSoftware » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:56 pm

Added to latest Windows version. Now when you start typing in the search box, it changes the drop down list to show only the colours whose numbers or names contain the text you typed.

In the Add/remove colours on the palette menu, the search box blanks out colours that do not match the typed text.
Dave Peters
DP Software
www.dpsoftware.com
DPSoftware
Site Admin

Return to Completed