What happened with the Linux x64 version?

Post your suggestions for new and improved features
Forum rules
No links to competing software producs, illegal material, serial numbers or offensive material.

What happened with the Linux x64 version?

Postby ovisergiu » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:38 am

Hello, Dave!

I just read one of your 2018 announcements.
You were mentioning about having a Linux x64 version prepaired but still in testing.
What happened to that?
I am using Linux Mint 19 x64, and tried to install the Demo under Wine, everything installed OK but the software is not usable at all.
Please let me know what happened to the Linux x64 version you mentioned about.
If I can help in any way, let me know also.

Thank you.
ovisergiu

Re: What happened with the Linux x64 version?

Postby DPSoftware » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:47 am

The biggest problem with Linux was working out how to make an installation so the files are installed in the right places on all the different versions. If you are interested, I can probably put together a demo version without an install. You would just need to place the files in the right place to try it out. If you like the demo, I could do a full version at reduced price on the basis that it needs some expertise to get it running. Probably a lot more chance than using Wine as at least its native Linux code.

I have 2-3 weeks work to catch up on before I can look at it but let me know if you are interested.
Dave Peters
DP Software
www.dpsoftware.com
DPSoftware
Site Admin

Re: What happened with the Linux x64 version?

Postby ovisergiu » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:58 am

Well that sound pretty interesting.
Let's go for the Demo version for now. I can place the files where they need to be so this should be fine.
I am not a programmer but also not a noob in installing and handling things in Linux Mint.
Thank you and I am looking forward to hear from you in a few weeks after you finished catching up with work.
ovisergiu

Return to Suggestion box