Area Zoom, colour replace, palette list.

Post your suggestions for new and improved features
Forum rules
No links to competing software producs, illegal material, serial numbers or offensive material.

Area Zoom, colour replace, palette list.

Postby CrossStitchGal » Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:09 pm

I am finding my way around here, so please bear with me. I have searched the forums and not found anything on this so far, so thought I would try a suggestion. If it is a feature that's already available, mea culpa, and please do let me know what to do.

I like to go in and individually edit stitches to get the colours absolutely just right. To this effect, there are a few things that would be absolutely fantastic if they were available.
a) The ability to click on an area in the chart and automatically zoom in (to high level detail) of the area concerned, rather than having to find the area manually on the developing chart.

b) Colour replace. To be able to select a colour, and then automatically replace ALL stitches with another colour in the palette. I have a feeling that this is so obvious a thing that it might be already available, but I haven't found it yet through searching the manual or by trial and error so I thought I would mention/ask.

c) Produce a list of the current palette of colours, with their number of stitches in the chart that can also perhaps be ordered by colour ID, number or stitches etc. I'm not talking about the ability to print this per se, but it would be cool if you could right click on the palette for example, and choose to see a list of current palette skeins with associated info, and then close it once finished.

Again, I do apologise if these are already available... in which case I will keep searching on how to do these. If they're not... thank you for listening to me! :)
CrossStitchGal x
CrossStitchGal

Re: Area Zoom, colour replace, palette list.

Postby DPSoftware » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:51 am

A) If you zoom in to the level you want on the zoom menu then you can just drag the rectangle in the Superview to the part of the chart you want to view.

B) On area menu, choose "select All" then "swap colour". Click on a stitch of the colour you want to swap then on a new palette colour.

If you just want to change the palette colour and all it's stitches to a new colour then you can just double click on the palette colour and select a new one.

C) On Info menu, select "thread lengths" or "floss lengths" depending on your language settings. It will be in colour palette order. You can sort the palette first using "sort" on the palette menu.
Dave Peters
DP Software
www.dpsoftware.com
DPSoftware
Site Admin

Postby CrossStitchGal » Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:50 am

Hello Dave,

Thank you for your reply :)

Regarding a) though, whilst I have been doing what you suggest, when you have got 50+ scattered single stitches to edit over a large chart, doing it this way can take quite a bit longer :/ It would make it SO much easier if you could click on a area zoom button, then simply click on the chart where you want to zoom into? It's just that the picture on the left with the box you can move around is so small compared to the chart, it can be hit and miss when you try to find the area with the stitch to edit, when you're potentially zooming in 2000%... I hope you can see what I mean?

Thank you so much re the other two points though :) x
CrossStitchGal

Postby DPSoftware » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:55 pm

As a workaround, you can make the superview box as big as you want. Drag it by the top bar onto the main pattern screen where it will detach from the toolbar. Now drag the corner to enlarge. You can use it floating or you can re-dock it by moving it back at its larger size.

If you don't see the top grab bar then go to the settings menu, toolbars and uncheck the "lock toolbars" item. You can re-lock the toolbars to prevent them moving around by accident. Almost every part of the toolbar, palette, x,y display can be docked to left, right, top or bottom of screen. when several items are docked to the same side, the sizes change to match.

If you close something by accident, you will be able to turn them back on from the settings menu.
Dave Peters
DP Software
www.dpsoftware.com
DPSoftware
Site Admin

Postby CrossStitchGal » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:56 pm

Thank you Dave... that's a useful workaround to know (though the area zoom would still be super cool one day :D) ... I will certainly give that a go :)
CrossStitchGal

Return to Suggestion box