Automatic symbols

Post your suggestions for new and improved features
Forum rules
No links to competing software producs, illegal material, serial numbers or offensive material.

Automatic symbols

Postby juliaruth » Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:22 pm

When I am designing I often find that I add three greens (or some other colour) at the same time. This means that they are assigned symbols that are far too close, eg arrows pointing west, east and north. This means that two of them have to be manually altered as a chart with three different arrows in the same tree is unworkable. Can you mix up the order in which the symbols are used? I don't mind altering the odd one, but to alter two thirds is a bit excessive!

Thanks, Julia
juliaruth

Re: Automatic symbols

Postby woolymammoth » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:52 pm

I find using an alphabetic font for my symbols makes reading a chart and identifying which color of floss to use much easier than the traditional cross stitch symbolic fonts. The symbolic fonts just have no logical order, unlike the alphabet. And when you add those three greens, the assigned symbols won't be confusing arrows or whatever. They'll be P,Q and R or f, g and h.
woolymammoth
woolymammoth

Re: Automatic symbols

Postby DPSoftware » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:06 pm

I will see if I can make it a bit more intelligent. I would probably not rely on automated assignments though since a well chosen set of symbols can make so much difference to the stitcher. I know your customers would appreciate a little time spent in this area and its really easy to drag and drop the symbols using "change symbols" from the palette menu.
Dave Peters
DP Software
www.dpsoftware.com
DPSoftware
Site Admin

Return to Suggestion box