Importing .svg files and can't open .wmf charts

Post your suggestions for new and improved features
Forum rules
No links to competing software producs, illegal material, serial numbers or offensive material.

Importing .svg files and can't open .wmf charts

Postby lmantei » Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:48 am

Will XStitch Pro ever have the ability to import .svg files? Since these files can be resized without distorting and reducing the quality of the image it would be nice to be able to import these files rather than having to convert them to a raster image. Since these files are so readily available for cutting machine, they're becoming more popular.

Also, I exported a chart in .wmf file format; however, I can't open it in my PaintShop Pro software. I contacted Corel and was advised there is a conflict with bitmap inside. This what they had to say ( "I tested your file in an older and the current version of PSP and noticed that PSP never opened this kind of WMF file. It seems to have a conflict with the bitmap inside. I have attached the extracted bitmap and the WMF file that works. You would have to add the bitmap again to the open WMF content.
WMF is not a format that has got its code like JPG or PNG. With WMF, it depends on the program that generates such WMF. Obviously in your case, the Bitmap was integrated with a code which isn't understood in PSP.
Since PSP itself has no problems opening WMF files, I'm afraid you would need another program to open your WMF files like Paint and it allows you to save at least the bitmap.")

I've not had issue opening other .wmf, just the .wmf chart from XStitch Pro.
lmantei

Re: Importing .svg files and can't open .wmf charts

Postby DPSoftware » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:35 pm

What is the bitmap they have an issue with ?

The WMF file format is documented and is a list of Windows objects which can include bitmaps, palettes, brushes, pens, shapes etc. If there are any bitmaps in the chart then they will be included in the wmf file as bitmaps as there is not really anything else to do with them.

If I know what they are not supporting then it might be possible to leave them out. Is it all non-vector graphics objects ?
Dave Peters
DP Software
www.dpsoftware.com
DPSoftware
Site Admin

Postby DPSoftware » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:36 pm

I will look into the svg files.
Dave Peters
DP Software
www.dpsoftware.com
DPSoftware
Site Admin

Postby lmantei » Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:28 pm

Sorry it's taken so long to reply back in reference to the .wmf issue. To be honest, I have no clue what bitmap is not supported. It's only the .wmf chart that I export from your software that doesn't open so it has to do with whatever bitmap is embedded. I have no issues with PaintShop Pro opening other .wmf image files. Since it's a file format that I don't really use, I've decided to export my chart as a graphic rather than as an .wmf. And I'll print and save as a .pdf.
lmantei

Return to Suggestion box