iPad / Android

Post your suggestions for new and improved features
Forum rules
No links to competing software producs, illegal material, serial numbers or offensive material.

iPad / Android

Postby ovisergiu » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:56 pm

How about the iPad version or the Andoid one?
Is it still in development?

Regarding Master Class tutorials, is there any news? I am asking because I do want to create some on my channel very soon :-)
ovisergiu

Re: iPad / Android

Postby DPSoftware » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:35 pm

I have split this into a separate topic as it is easy to miss if you post things off topic in an already answered post.

The iPad version was held up due to the restrictions imposed by Apple in accessing files from outside the App. The compiler I use simply didn't have the required component and it wasn't available anywhere. Writing it would have taken so long that development of everything else would have stopped.

I haven't tested yet but I now have the missing piece and so development can resume as soon as I have caught up with my backlog. I had already had designs displayed on my iPad pro.

The first release will be a free viewer/printer which I hope will enable lots of people to comment so the full design editor can be released taking all the suggestions into account.

Priority was switched from Android to iPad when the requirements of the App store changed and needed a new compiler. Much of the work is common to both so it should not be too long after the iPad release to get a version for Android.

Note that you really need a reasonable sized device to do design work. It will not be suitable for a phone.
Dave Peters
DP Software
www.dpsoftware.com
DPSoftware
Site Admin

Return to Suggestion box