Palette Change Symbols do not stay as chosen

Ask questions about the use of Cross Stitch Professional for Windows including Machine Cross Stitch.
Forum rules
No links to competing software producs, illegal material, serial numbers or offensive material.

Palette Change Symbols do not stay as chosen

Postby yatgirl » Sun Nov 08, 2020 5:34 pm

I am using the default DP Cross Stitch Font for symbols2 and DP Cross Stitch 3 Font for symbols3.
If I set any palette color with symbols with Cross Stitch Font 3(symbols3), continue to work with the pattern, and then choose - for example - remove unused pallette colors (and also other pallette operations) - even tho the color that I changed the symbol for was not removed, the symbols all revert back to just using the default DP Cross Stitch Font. I have even changed the default template to always include DP Cross Stitch 3 Font as symbols3 but this still consistently happens. Is there a way to stop this from happening?
yatgirl

Re: Palette Change Symbols do not stay as chosen

Postby DPSoftware » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:56 am

I have fixed this and it will be in the next update.

Note that the Cross Stitch 3 font is not from DP Software but another cross stitch program. The problem was not related to the font though.

Do check the symbol keys are correct if you use fonts that show as "Western" script instead of "Symbol". Word processors treat letter and symbol fonts differently and some characters may be interpreted as special characters instead of being printed. A font containing symbols should be created as a symbol font and not just use a letter font with the graphics changed. Cross Stitch Pro Platinum uses a word processor to create the Superkey which is what allows complete flexibility of layout.
Dave Peters
DP Software
www.dpsoftware.com
DPSoftware
Site Admin

Return to Technical Support (Windows)