Export to PNG

Ask questions about the use of Cross Stitch Professional for Windows including Machine Cross Stitch.
Forum rules
No links to competing software producs, illegal material, serial numbers or offensive material.

Export to PNG

Postby ovisergiu » Sun May 26, 2019 6:23 pm

Hello!
I started using again Cross Stitch Professional and I do have a lot to catch up.
I made something in CSPP but I didn't figured how to export that into a PNG/JPEG file ( I mean I wanted to have a PNG?JPEG file containing the fabric and the simulated/virtual stitches in a big resolution possible).
Does CSPP has this option?
All I could find was a framed and small version of the fabric with virtual stitches as a cover/first page in the PDF.
Thank you!
ovisergiu

Re: Export to PNG

Postby ovisergiu » Sun May 26, 2019 7:13 pm

So I found myself the answer but I am not sure I understand why it works like that.
I found in File - Make Photo - In File, BUT the Zoom plays a big and important part in this. Is it normal so the Zoom controls the exported image file?
ovisergiu

Postby DPSoftware » Mon May 27, 2019 10:06 pm

The make photo command just directs the screen draw to another destination. So whatever settings you have for the screen image, it will use for the photo. Screen zoom of 100% is one pixel per stitch and 2400% is 24 pixels per stitch. Any larger and it will just scale the stitch image first. The program has images for the stitches in each of the set zoom sizes. If you choose a custom zoom size, it scales from the largest.

Photo size is not limited to the screen size so the image does not have to fit on the screen at your chosen zoom.

On the publisher edition, you can create the image directly on the printer at life size or at the nearest full number of pixels per stitch (to give close to life size but perfect image).

The view in frame is just doing a make photo and then sending it to the framer. The print cover sheet uses the settings from the last frame view displayed but the size is controlled by the Superkey template which specifies the width to use.
Dave Peters
DP Software
www.dpsoftware.com
DPSoftware
Site Admin

Postby ovisergiu » Tue May 28, 2019 4:08 am

Thank you!
ovisergiu

Return to Technical Support (Windows)