Sections of Chart Shaded Out

Ask questions about the use of Cross Stitch Professional for Windows including Machine Cross Stitch.
Forum rules
No links to competing software producs, illegal material, serial numbers or offensive material.

Sections of Chart Shaded Out

Postby empollard » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:06 am

I'm not sure how else to describe this so I'm including a screenshot. I created a pattern of a peacock and when I export the pattern some of the eyes on the feathers are shaded with PP A, PP B, etc. and then printed on separate pages, enlarged (like a city on a map being enlarged in an inset). I have several questions about this:

1. What triggers the program to do this?
2. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?
3. Why are some of the 'eye' designs skipped, some of the shaded areas are missed (i.e., in the screenshot I provided, PP F has 6 stitches within the eye design that aren't shaded but the inset shows them), and some of the separate insets show stitches outside of the "eye" area.
4. Similar to 2, is there some way I can control how this works better?

xsproChartIssue.PNG
xsproChartIssue.PNG (64.47 KiB) Viewed 130 times
empollard

Re: Sections of Chart Shaded Out

Postby DPSoftware » Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:48 am

Sorry for the delay.

When you have areas of petit-point stitches the program can separate them out and print them as separate charts instead of having 4 tiny symbols in a square.

You can control the number of connected petit-point stitches you need before this happens. Go to the petit-point tab of the print dialog and change the number of stitches needed before the area is separated.

Cross Stitches placed with the cross stitch tool next to the petit-point tool on the toolbar are counted as petit-point because that tool allows placing to 1/2 grid resolution. So if you want include some full crosses in the separated area, use this tool to place them. Crosses placed with the regular cross stitch tool will remain part of the main chart.

To prevent any separation, just set the control to a very large number.
Dave Peters
DP Software
www.dpsoftware.com
DPSoftware
Site Admin

Return to Technical Support (Windows)