Update - Strands in Floss

Ask questions about the use of Cross Stitch Professional for Windows including Machine Cross Stitch.
Forum rules
No links to competing software producs, illegal material, serial numbers or offensive material.

Update - Strands in Floss

Postby yatgirl » Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:21 am

I updated a couple of days ago. The default setting for strands in floss has changed to 1 instead of the 6 it used to be.

Product Version: 2.1.1.0
Build: 2.1.1.772
Build Date: 2020-11-24 5:07:00 PM

Info -> Floss Lengths - Strands available in thread.

Luckily I was just on my second design and since it was a very simple one, I was able to notice that 8000 stitches should not be 264 meters lol.

I have changed my default template to reflect this, but I thought you might want to know for the next update.
yatgirl

Re: Update - Strands in Floss

Postby DPSoftware » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:01 pm

Sorry for the confusion on the number of strands in thread.

The setting used to be a global setting for the entire program and stored in the Windows registry.

Now that the thread lengths can be accessed also from the Print dialog, it has become a setting that is saved into each design.

I think it is better that it is per design as you can have designs with different thread types, tapestry, cross stitch and not have to worry about resetting the strands in thread each time you load them.

The default templates should be updated but if you modified your templates then you will not be using the new ones even if you elected to overwrite the masters when installing. I suspect there was a version that contained the new setting but didn't yet have the defaults set up and so your template got stored with 1 strand. If the templates were created with a version prior to the print dialog setting then it should default to 6 strand.

Do check designs when you load in case you have some with the 1 strand stored.
Dave Peters
DP Software
www.dpsoftware.com
DPSoftware
Site Admin

Return to Technical Support (Windows)