Help with printing PDF

Ask questions about the use of Cross Stitch Professional for Windows including Machine Cross Stitch.
Forum rules
No links to competing software producs, illegal material, serial numbers or offensive material.

Help with printing PDF

Postby IAmThatStrange » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:30 pm

Hi, I apologize for not understanding all the settings. I love how your Cross Stitch Professional works except for one thing.

When I print the stitching the charts are so small that I cannot see the symbols. I wanted to just increase the size of the printing but cannot figure it out because there are so many settings that confuse me.

I'm sorry about this but any help would be really nice.

IAmThatStrange

Re: Help with printing PDF

Postby DPSoftware » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:41 pm

The size of the squares is determined by the "Squares per inch" setting on the area tab of the print or export dialog. The smaller the number, the larger the squares.

The size of the symbols within the squares is a percentage of the square size so they normally don't need changing but if you want to, you can go to the scales tab and increase the symbol size. A setting of 80% is the default which means the symbol uses 80% of the square size. If you use 100% then you will find the symbols running into any backstitches. There are separate settings for 1/4 stitches, knots, beads and backstitch width.
Dave Peters
DP Software
www.dpsoftware.com
DPSoftware
Site Admin

Re: Help with printing PDF

Postby IAmThatStrange » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:23 pm

Thank you so much for your help! I'll try it soon! :D :D
IAmThatStrange

Return to Technical Support (Windows)