Pre-selecting a range of symbols for automatic assignation?

Ask questions about the use of Cross Stitch Professional for Windows including Machine Cross Stitch.
Forum rules
No links to competing software producs, illegal material, serial numbers or offensive material.

Pre-selecting a range of symbols for automatic assignation?

Postby AmberSky » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:12 pm

I have made a very complicated pattern with over 60 colors. In designing the pattern, I chose the "auto" feature to assign symbols. Unfortunately, that feature selected many symbols that were similar, or the exact same shape, but rotated on an axis.

I would like to change the symbols so that they are so drastically different from each other as to not cause confusion.

Here I find a challenge. From what I see, I must change each symbol one at a time.

Is there a way---prior to the program randomly assigning symbols---to force the program to choose from a smaller range of symbols determined by myself? It's highly possible I've just missed something.

For example, in the "change symbols" dialogue, I would hope to be able to preselect 60 symbols that I determine meet my needs, and then hit the "auto" button. The program then randomly assigns the preselected 60 symbols, and I'm good to go.
AmberSky

Re: Pre-selecting a range of symbols for automatic assignati

Postby DPSoftware » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:28 pm

Not at the current time. Maybe I can add a settings button for the auto assign where you can turn on/off each symbol in the font.
Dave Peters
DP Software
www.dpsoftware.com
DPSoftware
Site Admin

Re: Pre-selecting a range of symbols for automatic assignati

Postby AmberSky » Fri Dec 28, 2018 11:59 pm

The setting you proposed would be wonderful! I look forward to this change, if it is something you are truly able to do, with bated breath! :)
AmberSky

Return to Technical Support (Windows)